Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

     Happy Mardi Gras y'all! I hope everyone eats as much king cake as possible, and good luck on finding  the baby! 



     Sooo, we all know what starts tomorrow...lent, and everyone is supposed to give something up....right? Confession: I have never, and I mean NEVER gone the whole way through lent without taking part in what i gave up. However, this year is going to be different.....I'm determined. You see, I have this litttttle problem with diet coke/diet dr. pepper....excuse me, ADDICTION. You know there is nothing better than a fountain drink diet coke with a straw, or a cold canned diet dr. pepper. I'm sure you've guessed where i'm going with this by now.....yep, I'm completely giving up soft drinks for lent. I WILL do this. The thing is, I have a whole new perspective on it this year. Each year when lent rolls around, I always seem to forget the fact that we are giving something up for God. He gave HIS life for US so that we may have eternal life with him in heaven. There are absolutely no excuses...I can do this! Happy Fat Tuesday, and here's to drinking as much diet coke as possible today!



No comments:

Post a Comment