Monday, April 9, 2012

The Calm Before The Storm

     WOW. What a wonderful, long weekend I had at home.  I could not have asked for a more perfect Easter weekend. First of all, the break was much needed......it was kind of the calm before the storm (in relation to these last 2 1/2 weeks of the semester.) Thursday night I got home and was in bed by 9:30.....no shame in that---it felt awesome. Friday was spent in the kitchen with mom, laying out by the pool, shopping, and catching up with high school friends. We had a delicious meal at Kiefer's for Madi's 21st, and then hit the Cherokee for a fun night of celebration. It is amazing how much I laugh when I am with those girls.....I swear my stomach muscles were sore the next morning.
Kiefers
Cherokee


     Saturday was a little more laid back.....just lounged around the house with mom and the dogs (my ideal Saturday) and took a good ole afternoon nap which is a big deal because I literally can never find time to squeeze naps in this semester. That night I finally saw The Hunger Games which was incredible! Of course, the book was better....but isn't it always?
Please play fetch with me!

   Easter morning came quick considering we over slept just a wee bit due to the fact that our power went out in the middle of the night. Anyways, I woke up to my traditional Easter basket (same basket I've had since I was like 6). The Easter bunny is always so generous to me...left me all kinds of fun goodies this year.....everything from makeup, to neon sports bras, to clothes, to my first pottery bunny. Oh, and just 2 chocolate bunnies......YES, TWO! "I couldn't remember if you liked the caramel ones or the peanut butter ones." Thanks, Mom.....I mean, Easter bunny :)

     However, we all know this is not the reason we celebrate Easter. After we were awake and ready to go, we headed to church at FBCJ, and let me tell ya....the service was beautiful! Every single song gave me chills all over. The message was wonderful, and perfect for Easter morning. How cool is it that we are saved by grace through faith because Jesus died to save us from our sins? Pretty amazing/mind boggling/neat/awesome if you ask me.  Always love going back to my home church, especially on a morning like Easter.
     After church, we had some family over for a delicious lunch. That afternoon we went out to my cousin Darah's for a crawfish boil to see her and Avery (her daughter...my second cousin...but we're just going to stick with Aunt Mags :) )  That afternoon is what every Sunday afternoon should be like. We were outside by the lake laughing, talking, singing itsy bitsy spider, and simply enjoying life. I can't even begin to explain how adorable baby Avery is....I can't believe the sweet thing is almost ONE! She is a bundle of joy that never ceases to bring a smile to my face, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for her. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful weekend!

     If you've even read this far----I'm sorry for the long post.....I have probably bored you to tears. Too many details from this wonderful weekend.....now time to buckle down for the final stretch of the semester....I can do this! 





No comments:

Post a Comment