Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Recap

     I'm failing again at Tasty Tuesday, but I promise my excuse is legit. I just returned from a wonderful couple of days on the coast with my friends and am just now getting settled back in Starkville. Oh, and before that, I spent the weekend at home in Jackson. Forgive me? Thankss! These past  4 days have been nothing less of perfect. When I got home on Friday I was greeted by my sweet pups with a very warm welcome! Immediately, I put a leash on Ritz (she's the only one who can walk for long distances in this heat) and headed to the lake to walk with my friend, Lindsey. We went for a about an hour with a few pit stops for Ritz.

     My mom cooked a delicious meal consisting of salmon patties, mango salad, and black eyed pees. I'm so blessed to have a mom who has raised me on amazing home-cooked meals. 

     Saturday morning, I woke up to coffee in bed and ran up to Aqua to enjoy a pedicure I received for my birthday. My mom, grandmother, and I went to lunch at Brents Drugstore (a precious old 50's drugstore made into a restaurant in Fondren). Naturally, my mom and I spent the rest of the day shopping at the Renaissance. I scored some fabulous pieces for fall that make me THAT much more excited for football season. Thanks mom! 
     Sunday, I rounded up Lindsey and Mere, and we headed down to the coast. We stayed at the Imperial Palace in Biloxi for 2 nights and enjoyed each other's company. It was an amazing time filled with laughter, cocktails, sun, yummy eats, and good conversation! If you ever need a quick relaxing get away, this is the way to go! 





I even got to stop and see my pwwwecious baby cousin on the way down!

     This morning we woke up and headed back to reality..only after making a quick stop at the most adorable doughnut shop in downtown Ocean Springs! If you are ever on the coast, you must go to Tato Nut! 

     I'm sad the festivities have come to an end, but so happy and thankful that I got to spend time with some of my favorite people! I'm back in Starkville now, and I brought along this girl because she is ALWAYS up for a trip to college. 

Happy Tuesday! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment