Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Berry Goodness

   It's that time of the week again...Tasty Tuesday. So lets just go ahead and admit that we all get those summer time ice cream cravings. If you say you don't then you're flat out lying. I mean come on, what is better than a bowl of cold cream of your favorite flavor in the summer heat? Not much. Wellll, we all know that ice cream packs on those calories, which is not helpful for those trying to live a healthy life style or even shed a few pounds. Okay, please don't get me wrong...yes, I have had my share of going to the ice cream venues in Starkville. However, I have a little treat for you to whip up that is only about 50-60 calories, and it's just as good as any bowl of ice cream I've ever had. It also consists of tons of nutritional value with the berries. I've loved this little treat for a long time now, and it's perfect for quenching a sweet tooth when trying to cut back on the calories!
Berry Goodness:


*LIGHT cool whip
* fresh berries(any kind...blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries)

   In the above picture I obviously just have blueberries in mine. You can use a combination of berries, or just one type of berry...just depends on what you like! Anyways, keep your light cool whip in the FREEZER. Simply scoop out the amount you want, add the fresh berries, and enjoy! It is heavenly y'all, I promise! 

     On another topic, I have been searching for planners for a while now, just trying to find the perfect one for the school year (I'm reallllyyy picky when it comes to my planners). Especially since I will be student teaching in the Spring, it was mandatory to find an extremely organized, spacious planner. After many youtube reviews I finally picked mine out, and couldn't be more excited. I know I sound like such a nerd.  I was choosing between the Erin Condren planners and the Lilly planners, and decided to go with the Lilly one. I'm sorry, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $50 for a planner when the Lilly one had almost all of the same features for half the price. So, if you're looking for an awesome planner, you should definitely look into the Lilly ones...or the Erin Condren if you're willing to spend more $$$. 


Happy Tuesday!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment