Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: 4th of July Edition!

    I know I know, I've waited to do this week's Tasty Tuesday at the last minute when I'm sure y'all already have all of your 4th of July goodies ready. You'll have to forgive me because I've been on the beach all day, which is an exceptional excuse..right? Anyways, this week's Tasty Tuesday, edible sparklers, makes up for it because they take 10 minutes to make. I literally JUST made ours for tomorrow. Soo.....

Edible Sparklers:

 Tell me these aren't adorable...Ok, here's how it goes...
*1 7oz can marsh-mellow cream
*1/4 cup butter
*1 box of rice krispies
*strawberries
*blueberries
*shish kabob sticks
*star shaped cookie cutter

     First, you make homeade rice krispy treats. Heat butter in a sauce pan on low heat until melted, and then add in marsh-mellow cream. Stir constantly until it has a syrupy consistency. Add 5 cups of rice krispies and keep on stirring. When everything is mixed together completely, spread out on a cookie sheet. Next, cut the rice krispy treats using the star-shaped cookie cutter. Stick them on the shish kabob sticks, and add blueberries and strawberries. That's all! P.s. I added in some shish kabob sticks with just fruit on them for fillers. (I'm all about presentation thanks to my Mom.)
     I'll be spending my 4th on my uncle's boat in Destin, and I couldn't be more excited. I hope all of y'all have a safe and happy 4th of July! (2 days until 21!!!!)

(I saw a picture of these on pinterest and used my mom's recipe for homeade rice krispy treats)  

1 comment:

  1. How precious are these?!love them!!! :) happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete