Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dog Heaven

   What a week. 8 a.m.'s every day for summer school (much less a physical science class) is having a large impact on this girl. It's fine though...I can do anything for a month, but you bet I will be sleeping into the latter hours of Saturday afternoon morning. Oh, and to make it even better, I will be doing so from home. There's nothing quite like a lazy Saturday morning at home when the only thing on the agenda is to get out by the pool or work on some crafts.

    Okay, so you're probably wondering why the title of this post is "Dog Heaven." Well, it's something I've wondered about ever since childhood, and I thought I would share my thoughts with y'all. If you know me, you know I am a HUGE dog-lover, and that's an understatement. Anyways, I had a book when I was younger titled, Dog Heaven. Ya know how you have those few books that are your childhood favorites that you practically have memorized? Well I must admit, Dog Heaven was one of mine. I was constantly nagging at my mom to read me that book...over and over. Okay, you get the picture. So when my first dog died, that book is what gave me the assurance that Ziggy was in heavan, and that I would, in fact, see him again one day.



    However, my mom got the opportunity to ask a preacher if he thought dogs went to heaven, and when she did, he blatantly laughed in her face. Rude. When my mom told me this I was distraught, and became reluctant about being certain that my dogs went to heaven. Surely the dogs that I've loved so much and grown up with will be in heaven with me one day...right? Indeed. Last summer I read the book, Heaven Is For Real, and let me just tell ya, heaven is for real...and there are dogs, horses, cats---everything (It's a true story about a little boy who has an experience in heaven when dealing with a serious medical issue that nearly kills him...amazing). By the way, if you haven't read this book I suggest you do so asap. It is incredible, and an easy read that is perfect for Summer.( It really affirms your faith too. :)


     Of course I've always known that heaven is for real, but ever since my mom told me about her encounter with the preacher, I had always worried about my dogs. However, at the end of this book the little boy talks about seeing dogs and all kinds of other animals in heaven. This book confirmed my thoughts about dogs going to heaven. I really do believe they're there, that one day I'll be reunited with Ziggy, Clancy, Lucky, and Max.
      The first thing I thought after I finished reading this book was, Wow, grandaddy really is with Max right now. Let me explain... my grandfather who died when I was in 2nd grade absolutely loved our golden retriever, Max. In fact, Max ended up being his dog. They were inseperable...Max rarely ever left his side(except for his little escapades exploring the neighborhood). They brought hapiness to each other. When my grandfather died, Max literally greived and came back to live with us. It is the most comforting thought knowing that when Max died, he ran straight into my grandfather's arms up in heaven. I can't even begin to imagine the joy they felt on that day, and what a beautiful sight it must have been.
     Sorry this post may seem a little bizarre, but I just felt like sharing. After all, that's what blogging is for...right?

Happy Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment