Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Update

    What a wonderful, relaxing weekend I had. I spent the weekend in Jackson, and it was perfect. Friday night my mom threw some chicken on the grill and whipped up some broccoli salad (one of my favorites). We sat and chatted on the couch over some good wine...what could be better? Finally, we made a decision to run up to the mall where we bought 4 of the same shirt, same size, different colors(black, royal blue, and 2 neon orange). Y'all, it is the most brilliant casual shirt I have ever seen, and I'm certain that I will be wearing the stew out of it this summer. Anyways, I went to bed at 9:30, and  I was totally okay with it.
     Saturday was the PERFECT rainy day. I woke up around 10 and realized it was raining, so what did I do? Grabbed one of mom's homeade blueberry muffins and got right back into bed with all 3 dogs...yes, all 3 dogs. I stayed curled up on the couch for the majority of the day watching TLC and E!. It was raining, what did you expect me to do?

     My mom had a wedding that night so I went on over to my uncle's house to see baby Avery, and let me tell ya---this was the highlight of my weekend. She got in her precious baby pool and was infatuated with the water coming out of the giraffe's mouth. I just can't get enough of her!

     My mom came over after the wedding, and we sat over there for a good long time with 2 of her friends enjoying wine and fun conversation. When I am my mom's age, I hope to have a group of friends like she does. They could have their own reality T.V. show...no joke, the ratings would be out of this world.
    Sunday was fabulous. There is nothing better than a good ole traditional Sunday morning at FBCJ followed by a classic lunch at Char. My mom and I went into Char banking on getting our all-time favorite, the tuna melt. However, once we got in there we immediately changed out minds and both ordered the chicken and waffles. If you haven't tried this interesting dish, it's a must! Clearly we strayed away from our healthy eating kick, but I will admit it was worth it!
    I'm back in Starkvegas now with my 8 a.m. class just a waitin' on Friday to get here. To get my week off to a great start, I just got to skype with my bestie, Meredith, who is in Italy for 6 weeks. Y'all should go check out her blog: http://www.meredithbrabec.blogspot.com/ Oh, FYI---3 1/2 weeks until this girl is 21. Brace yourselves.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment