Friday, June 1, 2012

5k bound!

     So I woke up this morning and thought to myself, I wanna run a 5k. I whipped open my laptop and started researching different 5k runs along with how to train for one. Naturally, I immediately texted my best friend, Meredith, and enlightened her about my idea. Of course she was all for it, so you know what that means...we will be training to run a 5k together when she gets back from Italy in July! As of right now, we're thinking the St. Jude 5k in Memphis on December 1st is what we'll be shooting for. If you know me, you know I absolutely love kids. That is why I am leaning towards this particular 5k, because it benefits the children's hospital. What better feeling is there than knowing you are helping someone out through your actions? I am super excited, and can't wait to get more details! In the mean time, I'll be using a website I found to begin training.The couch to 5k is what we'll be using..here is the link if you want to check it out: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml Can't wait!

   Anyways, I have been in Starkville doing a whole lot of nothing...literally...and have loved every second of it. It's okay to be lazy in the summer...right? I start summer school on Monday...physical science...and can't wait. (sarcasm) This weekend I plan on starting the final hunger games book (and finishing it) along with beginning a craft from my previous post...oh, and maybe getting a little sun. I hope y'all have a fun, relaxing weekend! I'm going to leave y'all with a few encouraging words to keep in mind this weekend:



Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment